Feel Free To Search.....

Google
 

Wellcum!!!

Wellcum To All My Dear Readers! If this site is too boring then poke into ' My Other 'Unrated' site' Where u can find all my 'juicy' & educational' pokeing posts! Not suitable for kids & 'innocence' ladies! He! He! If u find no new pst in this site it meant I am busy posting on 'My Other 'Unrated' site' !

Monday, February 9, 2009

Pajero V46 2800 InterCooler Turbo Air-Con

My Pajero is giving me trouble. It is her air-con! It is suppose to blow out cool air but instead it blow out hot air ( the heater is not on, if fact it is not even connected ). I happen to be rather cold resistant ( since I am a big guy, beside if it get too cold I can always wear more cloths ) but I can’t stand the heat ( I am totally in-active when I get heated up. I have being on ‘heat’ lately whenever I drive my Pajero to work ). Not much choice really as it has being raining lately & part of the road is floated & so my Pajero is the only safe option as it is stand up to two feet of water!

Normally a car air-con is not cool if :-

1.the air-con gas is gone or not enough ( due to gas leakages, depend on where the leakage is the problem can be fixed inexpensively )

2.the air-con cooling fin is dirty ( so it is no longer efficient, just took out the cooling fins & clean it, not expensive but time consuming )

3.the air-con compressor is faulty ( have to buy a new compressor very expensive, in fact the most expensive component of a car air-con system )

4.the air-con control unit is faulty ( rather expensive, problem is finding parts or circuits but it is very rare to have this problem )

5.the air-con heat radiator ( located in front of the Pajero cooling radiator in the engine bay ) is blocked ( with dirt or cracked hence gas leakage, expensive as a Pagero has two air-con heat radiators one big & one small )

6.the air-con heat radiator’s fan is not working ( not too expensive a Pajero has two air-con radiator fans one big & one small, but it is time consuming to change them ) .

As the most common problem is dirty air-con cooling fins I agree to have it cleaned. A lot of work in taking apart the air-con cooling fins as my Pajero has dual air-con.

The Pajero front air-con is located just behind the glove compartment. The white box thing.
While the hind air-con is located inside the right ( driver side ) back panel.
The front air-con cooling fins inside the white air-con box. See it is very dirty with death insect stuck inside.
The hind air-con cooling fins, also very dirty, not death insect is found but got hairs ( I wander how the hairs got suck into there? ).

It is discovered that the front air-con cooling fin is leaking gas ( the second most expensive component of a car air-con system ) & because the leak is inside the cooling fin it can’t be sealed by aluminum welding. So no choice but to buy a new cooling fin. See the new & the old. Pajero air-con cooling fins ( Denso brand ) is the ‘bee hives’ type double layers with dense cooling fins. Dam expensive, cost me RM450-00 ( half of my salary gone ). And to keep the cooling fins clean & prevent insect from getting in I seal up the air-con outside air intake ( it is always advisable to close the outside air intake as insect will always end up in the cooling fin including dust & dirt ). With the new cooling fin installed the Pajero air-con's performance is now very cooling.
Inside temp is at 34C ( late afternoon, see I go to work inside an oven, arrive at office with my ‘ball’ half-cooked! How to drive & work like this ) before air-con is switch on.
Inside temp at 25C after half hour with air-con on at full blast! The temp will drop to 21C in two hours, at night it will drop to 19C! Very good performance! Money well spend ( but I have to forgo a few other ‘activities’ )!

To me a car air-con is very important part of a car. To me a car is worthless if its air-con is not functioning or not cool enough ( like a Kanari or Kancil both very nice car apart from it lousy air-con system ).

So to my dear readers, do u place a good car air-con highly when u buy a car?

4 comments:

hairi said...

hows you pull out the cooling pins?

Horny Ang Moh said...

Hi Hairi! U meant the cooling fin? U need to unbolt two cooling pipe & u also need to take out the glove compartment plus lotsa of nuts. Best that u leave it to the air-con guy to do it.
BTW tq for dropping in, have a very nice day!

hairi said...

oh yeah thank you so much!. one thing do you know where cabin filter located?im driving same pajero as yours

Horny Ang Moh said...

Front air-con no filter whereas got air-con filter located at the folder able back seat just above the rear back right wheel. U should take out the air con filter & clean it often.
And to prolong the life of ur air-con cooling fin please use 'recycle' option on the air-con. This will prevent dirt & insect from being stuck in the cooling fin if u use 'flesh air' option.

Tq very much for dropping in on my site!
Ha! Ha! Hope u don't find my other site too 'horny' http://hornyangmoh.blogspot.com/
& more about 'pajaro' here http://hornyangmoh.blogspot.com/search/label/Automobile

Hope the above info help & have a very nice day!